Monday, May 16, 2011

To New Beginnings


The day I began blogging? February 17th, 2004. I was in ninth grade, and mainly concerned about whether I should wear a skirt to school the next day. Seven years later, and so much has changed, except of course, for the fact that I am still wondering if a skirt is appropriate for the temperatures tomorrow.

In a way, I feel pretty cool that I've been keeping a record of my life since my early teenage years. In another way, I feel kind of stupid that I went out of my way to document the stupid decisions I inevitably made (and still am making) on this journey to adulthood. Sometimes I can't help but cringe as I read through the poor grammar and notice that until 2006 I had "lol" written somewhere in each post.

But I digress, the point is that 2004 was a long time ago, and so was ninth grade. Tonight is May, 16th 2011, and as I lie in bed dreading three impending finals this week, I'm realizing that my life is about to change. And I don't mean change in a minor, somewhat unnoticed sort of way, or in a gradual and soft kind of way. I mean in a graduating from college, getting thrown out into the world, terrifying sort of way.

We'll get into that later. The point is, part one of my book is ending, and as I begin part two, I feel the need to start fresh with other things in my life. This blog is step one of that agenda. As much as I love my xanga page, I exited Junior High years ago and this is long overdue.





No comments:

Post a Comment